Attention: Please read all of these provisions (“Terms”) carefully before using this website. Using this website indicates your agreement and acceptance of these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use this website or download materials from this site.
- Forums, Chat Rooms, Bulletin Boards
- Ownership, Copyright and Trademark
- Medical Disclaimer
- Legal Disclaimer
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- Third Party Content
- Third Party Sites
- Personally Identifiable Data
- Jurisdiction and Governing Law
- International Users
This Site is owned and operated by the Pennsylvania Medical Society (referred to herein as the “Medical Society,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). The information contained on this Site, including documents, audio and video files, and all data is provided for educational and informational purposes only.
By using this website (the “Site”), you agree to the terms and conditions set forth on this Legal Page, and elsewhere in this Site (the “Terms”). You may only use this Site for legal purposes and for non-commercial, personal or educational use. Your rights to use this Site may be further limited by federal law or the laws or regulations in your particular state or locality.
Please feel free to browse the Site; however, your access and use of the Site is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws.
The Medical Society—in its sole discretion, and at any time—reserves the right to:
- Modify or discontinue the Site.
- Limit, terminate or suspend your use of the Site.
- Revoke any or all access and use authorizations granted to you in regards to this Site.
- Remove postings or other information uploaded to the Site that the Medical Society deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate.
- Change these Terms at any time. Such changes are effective immediately upon posting on this Site and you are deemed to receive notice of such revisions at the time of posting, and are bound by any such changes to the Terms.
Forums, Chat Rooms, Bulletin Boards
The Medical Society offers discussion forums and bulletin boards as a service and convenience to its members. You must be a member of the Medical Society and establish a user account to use these portions of the Site. Also, you should understand the risks involved with using this portion of the Site. Therefore, before you can participate in these portions of the Site it is important that you read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions and all of the Terms on this Site.
You agree that you will not:
- Upload any material to this Site that infringes any proprietary right, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks.
- Upload any material that is obscene, libelous, defamatory, harassing, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another user.
- Upload protected health information about patients. Such information is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as applicable Pennsylvania laws protecting the confidentiality of information pertaining to HIV and AIDS diagnoses, mental health information, and drug/alcohol abuse and treatment information. You will be held accountable for posting information that violates a patient’s right to privacy under these laws.
- Store personal data about others.
- Engage in discussions with other members that would implicate antitrust laws, in violation of the Medical Society’s Antitrust Policy, as amended from time-to-time. By way of example, but without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to discuss:
- The competitive terms of any health care provider, including but not limited to:
- Current or future charges
- Possible increases or decreases in charges
- What constitutes a “fair” or acceptable profit level
- Current or future costs for staff, equipment or supplies
- Methodology for establishing charges
- Whether the provider will participate in any health plan of any third party payer
- Credit terms
- Patient volume
- Market share
- The competitive terms of any health care provider, including but not limited to:
Discouraging or withholding patronage or services from, or encouraging exclusive dealing with, any supplier; purchaser; group of suppliers; purchasers of products or services; any actual or potential competitor; group of actual potential competitors; or any private or governmental entity.
Allocating or dividing geographic or service markets or patients/clients.
Restricting, limiting, prohibiting or sanctioning advertising or solicitation that is not false, misleading, deceptive or directly competitive with the Medical Society or its services.
Discouraging entry into or competition in any segment of the marketplace.
Whether the practices of any member, actual or potential competitor or other person are unethical or anti-competitive.
The Medical Society is not responsible for the information or material provided on this Site and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by any other party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Medical Society reserves the right to remove any posting to the Site that the Medical Society deems inappropriate in its sole discretion. In addition, the Medical Society may revoke your user account in the event that the Medical Society determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated the posting rules set forth herein.
Remember that there are risks in dealing with people you do not know and that the Medical Society has no control over such risks. You need to exercise care in these transactions. People may provide information that is offensive, false, harmful, or deceptive. Please be cautious when sharing information, especially personal information, with others.
Because we do not control the transactions between you and other users, you hereby acknowledge that the Medical Society is in no way liable for any claims arising from your use of this Site. As a condition of your use, you agree to indemnify the Medical Society for all claims relating to any material or information posted by you on this Site.
Ownership, Copyright and Trademark
You agree and acknowledge that the Medical Society is the owner of all rights in this Site and the materials that appear on the Site and that you will not challenge those rights or do anything that might impair or damage those rights.
This Site is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and other countries. Any unauthorized use of any material on this Site may violate such laws.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks used and displayed on this Site (the “Trademarks”) are registered and unregistered trademarks of the Medical Society and others. Under no circumstances may you use any of the Trademarks, whether owned or licensed to us. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks without the written permission of the Trademark owner.
Trademarks without the written permission of the Trademark owner.
If you make any copies of the Site, or portions of the Site, such copies must include the appropriate copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. You may not modify, copy, redistribute, republicize, retransmit, sell, display or create derivative works, or use the Site, or any portion of the Site, for a commercial purpose without our prior permission.
No links may be established to any part of this Site and no information on this Site may be framed without our prior written approval.
Any questions concerning the use of the Trademarks or to request approval for linking and/or framing should be referred to email@example.com.
If you believe that any of your work was copied by another, in a way that infringes your copyrights, and is posted on this Site, please provide the Medical Society with the following information:
1. A description of your work that you believe was infringed;
2. A description of the work believed to be infringing and where it appears on the Site; and
3. Your contact information (name, address, telephone number and email address).
This information should be accompanied by a statement that you believe, in good faith, that the infringing use is not authorized, and that, under penalty of perjury, all of the information in this notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
This notice should be signed and provided to the Medical Society’s copyright agent designated below:
Director, Creative and Technology Services Department
Pennsylvania Medical Society
777 East Park Drive
PO Box 8820
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8820
Any medical or general health information provided on this Site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice or:
- To replace the services of a trained health professional
- To be a substitute for medical advice of a physician
- As a recommendation or endorsement of any particular doctor
Any legal information provided on this Site is provided for informational purposes only, is not intended as legal advice and is not intended to replace the services of legal counsel.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Your use and browsing of this Site is at your sole risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Site or any of the materials on the Site, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
The Site is provided “As Is” and the Medical Society makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied by law, including, but not limited to warranties of:
- Fitness for a particular purpose
- Freedom from computer viruses
- Completeness, timeliness, appropriateness or accuracy
In no event shall the Medical Society be liable for any lost data, profits, savings, goodwill, or direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, examplary or punitive damages arising out of or relating to your access, use or inability to use the Site, including any viruses which may infect your equipment, even if the Medical Society has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These limitations may not apply in certain jurisdictions.
Third Party Content
You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations expressed or made available in this Site are those of the respective author(s) and are not necessarily those of the Medical Society or endorsed by the Medical Society.
Third Party Sites/Hyperlinks
This Site contains hyperlinks to other sites created and maintained by other organizations, which may or may not be related to the Medical Society. These links are provided for your convenience and are for reference only.
The Medical Society does not:
Sponsor or endorse the owners of such linked sites, or the products, materials, or information appearing on such linked sites.
Warrant that the information and materials appearing on such linked sites are maintained, accurate or error-free.
Warrant that the functions provided from such linked sites will be uninterrupted.
Access to such linked sites is at your own risk. Furthermore, links do not imply that the Medical Society is affiliated or associated with, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright of the Medical Society unless otherwise stated.
Personally Identifiable Data
Any contact which you may make with Medical Society or our employees via this Site must be for a Medical Society business-related purpose and all such communications are property of Medical Society, and subject to review and monitoring by us.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, personally identifiable data such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number, which is provided to us through this Site, will be handled in accordance with the Medical Society Privacy Statement.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
The Medical Society operates and controls this Site (excluding linked sites) from its offices within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflicts of law principles, will apply to all matters regarding the use of this Site.
You also agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Common Pleas Court of Dauphin County and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania with respect to such matters.
The Medical Society makes no representation that the Site or the materials displayed on the Site are appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdictions or countries. If you attempt to access, use, or download the materials from this Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with the laws of other jurisdictions.
Materials published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country.
The Medical Society makes no representation that this Site or the materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use at locations outside of the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited.
You may not use the Site or export information or materials at this Site in violation of the export or other laws, regulations, executive orders, decrees or other legal enactments or requirements of the United States or any other country.
If you access this Site from a location outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
By using this Site you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country on the US Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the US Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders or Denied Persons List.