After many months of wondering, we finally have confirmation that we’re in a recession. During these tough economic times, the physician members of the Pennsylvania Medical Society urge you to protect your greatest asset—your health.
“Taking care of yourself or your family should never be viewed as a luxury, particularly if you have a chronic illness, or if you are unemployed or uninsured. We want to help our patients stay healthy or get healthy, regardless of their personal circumstances,” notes Daniel Glunk, MD, an internal medicine physician and president of the Pennsylvania Medical Society.
- » Pill Splitting Can Cut Rx Costs, but Make Sure You Do It Right
Get tips on splitting pills safely to ensure proper dosage.
- » Take Some of the Sting Out of Paying for Prescriptions
Compare prescription prices at local pharmacies and find prescription discount programs.
- » Don’t Worry, Be Healthy: 10 Ways to Spend Less on Health Care in a Recession
Learn how you can spend less on health care and still stay healthy.
- » Losing Your Job Doesn’t Have to Mean Living without Health Insurance
Learn about ways to continue your health insurance or find new insurance.
- » Related Links: Reducing Your Health Care Costs
Find more resources to reduce your health care costs.