Domestic violence is a major societal and medical issue. If you are a victim, or if you know someone who is in an abusive relationship, these resources can help end the cycle of violence.
- » No One Deserves to Be Abused
Everyone knows a victim of domestic violence. But are you a victim of abuse?
- » Legal Protections Against Domestic Violence: Obtaining Protection From Abuse (PFA) Orders
Domestic violence is a crime. Legal protections such as PFAs are available to stop your abuser from hurting you or your children.
- » Elder Abuse: Spotting the Signs and Responding
When we think about getting older, most of us don’t see our senior years including abuse or neglect. But statistics show it happens more often than we think.
- » Domestic Violence: Where to Get Help
If you are in an abusive relationship—or know someone who is—these resources can help.
- » Do You Feel Safe in Your Home?
Are you being abused? If so, you need a plan for your safety. This resource will provide you with information on how to create one and where to get help.
- » Abuse During Pregnancy: More Common Than Most People Think
About one in five women suffers from domestic violence when she is pregnant. Even if a woman has never been abused before, pregnancy may be a time when abuse can start.