Learn more about appropriate use of antibiotics and the dangers of antibiotic resistance.
This information is brought to you by the The “Super Germs” Are Here
Antibiotics have changed the way diseases are treated and saved countless lives—but we must use them more wisely.
- » Fluid in the Middle Ear: A Guide for Parents
This Q&A; explains the main kinds of ear infections found in children and when it’s necessary to use antibiotics.
- » Runny Nose: A Guide for Parents
Some facts about colds and runny noses and why antibiotics might not be the best medicine.
- » Children’s Earaches: Medicate? Or Watch and Wait?
If your child has an earache, antibiotics may not be the cure you want.
- » Is it Viral or Bacterial?
Find out the difference between these two types of infections and make better decisions about using antibiotics.
- » Your Child and Antibiotics
This brochure explains how unnecessary antibiotics can be harmful.
- » Antibiotic Resistance: Outside Resources
Links to other websites offering credible information on antibiotic resistance, immunization recommendations, and more.