Pennsylvania’s 1.5 million asthma sufferers can learn how to cope with the disease in this health highlight from the Pennsylvania Medical Society. It offers advice for dealing with childhood asthma and tips for developing a plan to manage your symptoms, as well as links to asthma resources in the commonwealth and beyond.
- » Children with Severe Asthma Breathing Easier
Children with severe asthma lead healthier lives today than they did a decade ago, thanks to improved treatment and earlier diagnosis.
- » Common Asthma Triggers and How to Avoid Them
Asthma triggers are different for everyone, but here’s a list of some of the most common.
- » Winter Asthma Plan Is Important
A lot of time indoors in the winter poses challenges to asthmatics.
- » PAMED Offers Summertime Guidance for Asthma Sufferers
The Pennsylvania Medical Society offers state-specific online resources to help asthma patients cope with the commonwealth’s allergen-rich environment.
- » A Patient Story: Asthma
A physician member offers advice on managing asthma symptoms and staying active.
- » Diary Helps Children Cope with Asthma
This diary from the Pennsylvania Medical Society can help children with asthma communicate with their physicians and manage the disease.
- » Asthma Action Plan Can Help You Be Prepared
Use this plan to create a personal strategy for dealing with asthma.
- » Related Links: Asthma
These websites and resources provide additional information for understanding and coping with asthma.