There are a number of things you can do to help improve your heart health. In fact, proper diet and adequate exercise can dramatically improve your risk of a heart attack. Learn more below.
- » Heart Association Updates CPR Guidelines
Updated CPR guidelines from The American Heart Association.
- » Heartache to Heartbreak
A patient gives her firsthand account of a heart attack.
- » How to Recognize a Heart Attack
Nearly 650,000 Pennsylvanians over the age of 35 have had a heart attack. Do you know the signs of a heart attack and what factors put you at greater risk?
- » Who’s at Risk of a Heart Attack?
Things like family history, cholesterol, and diabetes can put you at higher risk.
- » What You Can Do to Prevent a Heart Attack
You can take steps now to prevent a first heart attack or even repeat heart attacks.
- » Related Links: Heart Health
Find out where you can learn more about heart attacks.
- » High Blood Pressure Can Be Silent, Deadly
Hypertension, commonly known as high blood pressure, can strike anyone regardless of age, gender, or race without warning.
- » Good Oral Health Can Help Your Heart
Good oral health can help control gum disease, which research has linked to heart disease.
- » Start a Heart-Healthy Lifestyle: There Couldn’t Be a Better Time!
Don’t wait until your doctor tells you to do it. You can change your lifestyle today for a healthier heart tomorrow.
- » Major Risk Factors for Heart Disease
There are five major risk factors for heart disease. Most are preventable.
- » How Not to Eat Your Heart Out: Avoiding the High-Protein, Low-Carb Craze
The latest diet trends can affect your heart.
- » A Healthy Heart: By the Numbers
You should know these four important numbers that can impact your heart health.
- » Doctor Slashes His Heart Disease Risk
Few people can claim to be in better shape at 51 than they were at 25. But Donald Kovacs, MD, can.
- » Putting the Pinch on Salt to Address High Sodium Intake Might Help Pennsylvanians Address Health Issues
Taking in too much sodium may turn out to be quite a salty situation.