It’s hard to quit smoking, but the Pennsylvania Medical Society can help make it easier. Find out how much it actually costs to smoke, make a list of the reasons you want to quit, and learn about how a smoking ban could help you kick the habit.
- » Pennsylvania Offering Free Nicotine Patches
Free nicotine replacement therapy kits are available for a short time.
- » Pedaling Nicotine in 2010
Tobacco companies are finding new ways to hook people on nicotine.
- » More Reasons to Quit Smoking
The impact of secondhand smoke isn’t just annoying to the senses of non-smokers; it can be deadly.
- » Giving Pennsylvania A Clean (Air) Bill Of Health
Clearing the air aids smokers looking to quit.
- » Patient Stories: Smoking Cessation
Most cases of small cell carcinoma of the lung are attributed to smoking. But in some instances, exposure to secondhand smoke has also been linked to lung cancer.
- » Smokers Cough up a Fortune to Keep Smoking
The health costs of smoking cigarettes and tobacco use are well documented. But smoking impacts a person’s finances too.
- » Checklist: Reasons Why I Would Want to Stop Smoking (PDF)
This checklist reminds you of the reasons why you want to quit smoking, such as better health, setting a good example, and saving money. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- » Related Links: Smoking Cessation
These websites and resources provide additional information to help those trying to quit smoking.