When it comes to your health—or the health of people you love—there is so much information to remember, so many decisions to be made. The Good Medicine: Electronic Health Records
Peter Lund, MD discusses how patients can benefit from health information technology and electronic health records.
- » For Better Health: A County-by-County Health Comparison
How does your county stack up when it comes to health?
- » Get Your Docs Straight
“Doctor” can mean a lot of things. That’s why the Pennsylvania Medical Society encourages you to pay attention to who is taking care of you.
- » From Fire to ICE
Do you have ICE in your cell phone? This is an “in case of emergency” number that medical professionals can call if a patient is unconscious or unable to answer questions.
- » Your Child’s Caregivers Can Give Medical Authorization with Consent Card
Caregivers, such as grandparents, can use this medical consent form to authorize emergency care when a child’s parents are unavailable.
- » Online Resources Help Patients Choose a Hospital
There are several resources available for vital hospital quality data.
- » How to Talk With Your Physician
We’ve all been confused at some point when our physician gives us directions about medications or explains a medical problem. Learn how to improve communication.
- » Getting the Most from Your Doctor Visit
Preparing for a visit with your doctor will help make it a productive appointment.
- » Five Steps: A Guide to Help Plan Your End-of-Life and Future Health Care
Plan ahead for end-of-life and other future health care with an advance health care directive.
- » Medical History Wallet Card May Be Worth More Than Money in an Emergency
Of all the items in your wallet, the most valuable could be a simple piece of paper that lists your prescriptions and medical history.
- » A Patient’s Guide to Medical Records Copying Fees
Medical records copying fees ensure records are available to patients at an affordable level, while providing some reimbursement to medical practices for copying costs.
- » Pennsylvania Medical Society Helps Patients Chart Their Course In Exam Room
The State Society offers patients resources that will help them more fully participate in their health care.
- » Sunscreen Flyer (PDF)
This guide can help you choose the right sunscreen to protect your skin. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)