Understanding insurance and managed care can be difficult. But grasping this topic plays an important role in your health care decisions. Here you will find information to guide you.
- » New Pre-Existing Condition Plan Offers Coverage Option for Uninsured
People who have a hard time getting health insurance coverage due to a pre-existing condition may be able to find coverage through a new federal plan.
- » Healthcare.gov Provides Consumers with Information on the Affordable Care Act
This new website provides consumers with information about how to understand the new Affordable Care Act, find insurance options, learn about prevention, and compare care quality.
- » Uninsured? Website Helps You Find Your Options
If you don’t have health insurance, there is a new website that can help you compare insurance plans that are available to you.
- » Medicare Part D Special Enrollment Periods
This chart describes the different situations in which Medicare patients may be eligible to enroll in or switch to a plan that provides prescription drug coverage, outside of the annual Part D enrollment period.
- » What Drugs Do Medicare Drug Plans Cover?
Answers for Medicare patients on generic drugs, prior authorization, step therapy, quantity limits and changes to prescribed medications.
- » Stimulus Package Makes COBRA More Affordable
Terminated employees can get help paying for health insurance under the economic stimulus package.
- » Losing Your Job Doesn’t Have to Mean Living without Health Insurance
Learn about ways to continue your health insurance or find new insurance.
- » Ten Questions to Ask When Choosing Your Health Plan
Use the following 10 questions from the American Medical Association to help pick your health plan.
- » Understanding Medicare Part D
These resources can help you understand Medicare’s prescription drug benefits.
- » Medicare Beneficiaries Rights and Protections Book Available Online
An electronic version of “Your Medicare Rights and Protections,” which clearly outlines the key safeguards governing the original Medicare plan, Medicare Health plans, and the Medicare Drug plans, is available online.
- » Bridging the Coverage Gap
This guide answers your frequently asked questions about the coverage gap.