Cancer takes many forms. The Pennsylvania Medical Society periodically issues information about the latest progress made in cancer prevention and treatment including tips to help you detect cancer as early as possible.
- Fighting Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- » Dealing with Cancer-related Fatigue
Here are some ways patients can work toward reducing symptoms associated with cancer-related fatigue.
- » Cancer and Diet—What’s the Connection?
The dietary supplement industry is booming, but a Pittsburgh oncologist says there’s a better way to fight cancer.
- » Cancer-Fighting Food Guidelines
Want to fight cancer? Try incorporating these American Cancer Society guidelines into your daily diet.
- » Debunking Colorectal Cancer Myths
If you’re undecided about getting screened for colorectal cancer, make sure you have all the facts about the disease.
- » Colon Cancer: Stop It Before It Starts
Though there are reliable early screening methods that can prevent colon cancer from developing, about 2,500 Pennsylvanians die each year from the disease.
- » Eye Exams Can Detect Cancer and Other Health Issues
Eye exams are a key tool in detecting cancer and other health issues.
- » Make Healthy Choices to Help Prevent Cancer
Proper nutrition and regular exercise can help prevent cancer.
- » Get Free Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings
Through the state’s HealthyWoman program, you can get free breast and cervical cancers screenings if you are uninsured or underinsured.
- » Make Sure to Get Checked for Cancer
The bottom line is that when cancer is detected early, it’s more treatable and survival rates increase dramatically. But apparently many Pennsylvanians are still avoiding appropriate screenings.
- » Cancer Screening Checklist
Find out how often you should be screened for cancer.
- » Patients Tell Their Stories about Cancer
Learn how cancer screenings can save lives.
- » How’s Your Cervical Health?
Make sure to schedule an annual gynecologic exam—for peace of mind and for your good health.
- » Find More Information on Cancer Screenings
Visit these links for more information on cancer screening.
- » Beware of Bottle Caps for Chemo Hoax
Beware of Promises of Free Chemo